PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bob Roffe
Thread: Bob Roffe
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2011, 11:42
industry insider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bob Roffe

I was sad to hear that Bob Roffe passed away last week after complications post heart attack. His funeral was a couple of days ago in Oxted. Bob was with Bristow for many years and after he finished flying was a Regional Operations Superintendent based in Redhill looking after International. We should not forget that Bob was one of the very early S-55 pilots flying to rigs in the North Sea in the 1960s.

There will be many on here who Bob "sent" to Nigeria and other top places in the world. Bob was a company man through and through and always managed to put a positive spin on whichever "garden spot" you were being sent to! He was, though, a gentleman through and through.

I used to enjoy my visits to Bob's office on the second floor, he was a laid back guy who always had a smile, even if it was a wry one as he knew more than you knew ...as you were leaving for the airport with suitcase packed!

RIP old fella, another one of the originals gone from the rotary world. Condolences to Anne and the family.