PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bull, or not to Bull?
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2011, 22:22
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
I have to say I'm concerned at the moment, because I'm in the UK with only my laptop, and even reliant on it for my land-line telephone calls (via Skype.)

Since starting a thread about the piling up of the Task bar menus, I have had odd issues getting my attention. I thought I resolved that issue, but at exactly that time things started to get a tad odd. It may be nothing more than coincidence.

Goggle Earth vanished, and as mentioned before, when I reinstalled it the yellow pins were still in place.

IE vanished . . . not that I ever use it.

Now, stored words and passwords do not save. I've checked CCleaner, and the sites are still there to be saved.

In particular, MY BANK DETAILS do not save. I hasten to add, only the basic details used to be saved, the secret ones put in the hard way, but now I'm even having to type in my name etc.

e-bay, Yahoo Mail and Gmail are all asking to be re-started - sometimes, but not all the time. Certainly much more than before.

I'm due back in Texas hopefully before Christmas, where I'll format the drive(s) and put on W7 instead of Vista, but it's just this period where I feel very venerable. Even not being able to check in on line would be tedious cos of added medical issues where BA want a doctor's fax before I can fly!

Hotel bookings, transport, all done on line these days. Sheesh, life was so much simpler when I was the driver. I had to be really late to be left behind. Heck, my only contact with the Rivetess is via Skype.