PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - fireman sam...
Thread: fireman sam...
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2002, 18:22
Gen. Bombdabastards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copied from another post

Well Done to all those on Fresco.

Why shouldn't our guys cross the picket line and use superior equipment, it may save more lives and make the going easier. Our guys do not belong to a union so sod the picket lines, why should we recognise them.

The "poor" firemen only earning 21K for a four day week, I bet a lot of the military wouldn't mind that if they could go home every night without the threat of being sent away at short notice.

Did anyone see the "poor" fireman on GMTV this morning? He was interviewed in his luxury kitchen complete with island hob etc. How can he afford that on only 21K. Because he's got another job to fill the rest of his normal working week. He was being interviewed because his son who is in the army was manning a green goddess. Talk about putting the lives of your own family at risk.

I went past a fire station earlier and a sign said honk if you support us, I slowed down and shouted that they should get back to work and stop whinging.

I have just heard that part of the trigger of the dispute is that the fire service want to restructure the shift system which will prevent most firefighters from holding down a second job and therefore threaten thier extra salary.

Public support is waining, befare the strike 65% supported it but by this morning it was down to 42%.

Go on boys get the red fire engines, it was always the dream of young lads to drive a fire engine, now's you chance.

Best of luck, don't take too many other chances.