PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Euro American School of Aviation Ormond Beach FL - AVOID!!!!!!!
Old 8th Dec 2011, 18:49
B2N2

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
If that was the case, it wouldn't take long before no one would be going, regardless of price or amount of advertising
Unfortunately your assumption is only partially correct.
They do and they will for the following reasons;
A fair amount of students show up unprepared, not necessarily as their course of training is concerned but unprepared for the training none the less.
They have spent very little time researching flight schools and even less time in making their final choice.
Human factors I'd say but a majority knows very little if anything about aviation except for chatting at the bar of a club or reading the occasional magazine.
This student never considers why one school advertises with 4,995 and another with 9,995. They assume them all to be the same and without any further research choose the cheapest one.
They assume upon arrival that students cannot learn in new aircraft since they may bang and bouce once in a while and are let to believe that flying 40 year old death traps is normal.
They are in a foreign country dependant on somebody elses visa having just started a completely new episode in their lifes.
This makes people very dependent and very hesitant to change.
They assume because this school treats them and their employees a certain way that it is normal, why would any other school be any different?
This school advertises in 24 magazines and their name is all over the internet, how can they be bad? Maybe it's me, maybe I'm a bad student. I don't want to loose my deposit. I can't afford to change. They threaten to cancel my visa I'll have to stick with it.
After an x-amount of time they walk away with a certificate and they are so glad they made it that they don't really care about the treatment anymore.
They have accomplished what they came here to do so it can't be all bad.
Yes it is all bad and will stay that way.
Do not pay large amounts up front and be willing to cut your losses and WALK AWAY.

The problem is that starting students ( by definition) are laymen in the industry and have no idea what the norm is for "normal" or even acceptable.
They have no prior experience in this industry.
Most will not realize how badly they have been shafted, as a human being and training quality wise, till they go to another school and try a foolow up rating or conversion.
Then they will realize have bad things have been.
By then people think that it has no purpose anymore to complain or make it public. As in what's the use, I'll just never go back there again.
Not realizing that whole generations will follow in their footsteps and have to deal with the same amount of misery.

Last edited by B2N2; 8th Dec 2011 at 19:25.