PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2011, 14:48
Northbound A1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Business rates

Skyman1771, Thanks you for your interesting input.
Regarding business rates, the local councils do not collect any of that money, as all business rates goes straight to HM government without passing GO.
Housing on the other hand allows councils to generate and collect council tax, so they prefer the houses as opposed to units.
Land such as DTV is prime building land in the right hands with a view of the hills, but I dont think KLM will be interested in buying it.
If DTV had not pushed so many GA pilots out they might still have the international status. Its either Bagby or Fishburn for most GA pilots.
Thank you for the input about who will receive the compensation millions. Will Peel change the airport name back to Teesside with it all? as I believe it was BMI who insisted on the DTV name
Its a shame the military can't be persuaded to move some operations to Teesside as it has a long runway, even if it is sinking a bit each year.
I was hoping once the Canadians became involved the field would pick up even if it was only cargo. The £6 tax was a shot in the foot for most travellers.