PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NFTI Information and facts
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2011, 13:57
asbasb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question NFTI Information and facts

Hello PPRuNers !

I am a graduate looking out to join NFTI, Gondia and begin my journey towards becoming a career Pilot.

I have cleared the CASS test and would be beginning the final formalities soon for joining in Jan.

I however have the following concerns which have started to bother me after speaking to a few cadets which i have listed below.

1. The batch sizes at NFTI are nearly 40-50 every two months. I am however being told by the NFTI rep that the intake is only 10-15 per batch.

2. The flying training is being conducted on DA40 aircraft but the institute has only 8 of these with as many as 150 students in queue and having been promised completion in the shortest time possible (14 months).

3. One student i spoke to even complained that after payments have been made, no heed is paid to how your flying progresses and basic stuff like books, uniforms, flight bags, food etc are way below the quality that a big company like CAE should offer.

4. They are charging ard 28 lac + taxes. Many US schools offer more hours and lesser amount for the same kind of training. Not sure if the Quality is the same as CAE will provide.

If anyone is also joining the Jan batch pls PM me and we can discuss the same.

Also, from experienced pilots here, which one would have more value in terms of quality of learning, getting the license in India (from NFTI or IGRUA) or maybe joining a US school and then having your license converted to Indian CPL.

All inputs are welcome.

Regards,
Ashrab