PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Refuelling JetA1 from drums
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2011, 10:43
eloigorri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Refuelling JetA1 from drums

I am operating my Piper Malibu Jetprop out of a small private airfield in Northern Chiang Mai, Thailand.

The runway is 2,400ft x 30ft so there is not much margin for error, and the density altitude means close attention to the W&B operating out of it, but on the plus side I now have my own hangar to call home which is a huge advantage after being a runway gypsy for the previous three years.

The switch to the new airfield means I have to also manage the refuelling supply myself based on using JetA1 supplied in 55 Gallon drums and dispensed using an electric pump.

Is anyone else also managing their own fuel supply like this?

I have a few concerns which I hope the group can help me with.

We are typically at outside temps of 32oC with dewpoints of 15-17oC. I assume that water generation inside the drums is going to be an issue?

Should I squirt some Prist into the drums to help prevent fungus growth in the drums?

The only downside of that is that Prist will coagulate any fungus and it will I presume just sink to the bottom of the drum.

I was thinking of using a marine water separator type strainer/funnel to help mitigate some of this potential contamination.

Any other advice on this type of operation appreciated.

Cheers - E