PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bucker Jungman vs Stampe
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2002, 14:04
Stampe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

SC. both Stampes i,ve flown have been SV4C/G models originally renault engined and converted to Gipsy power with a crude inverted system.The B is the original Gipsy powered variant the C was the Renault original build hence the C/G.I have no experience of the Renault so can,t comment knowledgably though plenty of Renault ones still fly, though I do hear they are hard to source parts for and are perhaps less reliable than the Gipsy.As for high maintenance costs bear in mind the Stampe has a wire braced wooden airframe and certain airframe items are lifed the tie rods (I believe every 500 hours??) and I think the strut end attachments (not quite sure so best speak to a knowledgable licenced engineer on this).This coupled to being on a Certificate of Airworthiness and the fact that you will certainly enjoy wringing this delightful classic out tends for expensive maintenance.Suggest you go down to the Tiger Club at Headcorn Kent who have one for rent G-AWEF (its about £140 an hour)and sample the breed ,there is considerable expertise in the type there !!.If you want a real laugh try a Tiger Moth as well and just see how awful it is in comparison(I,m taking cover!!!).They have members with buckers there so you may get some real in depth feedback.

Last edited by Stampe; 15th Nov 2002 at 14:15.