PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Idea!!
Thread: No Idea!!
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2002, 09:13
Steep Pressure Gradient

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have to disagree with the point that 'clubs' can not produce a CPL standard equivalent to the larger training organisations. I was fortunate enough to have done my training with a 'club' (YRED). After spending time working in and out of most of the larger GA airports and seeing the quality of CPL's turned out by some of the 'sasuage factory' organisations I am quite happy that my training was as good, if not better than what is being turned out from YMMB, YBSK, YPJT etc.

The advantage of my training was that the CFI took a substantial interest in the end product. He was conscious of the fact that what was turned out was a direct reflection of him and his training standard (thanks Rob!). In contrast to some of the other posters I would advise 'gonnabes' to seek out the smaller organisations - particularly if they have a small charter/joyflight setup (it's all exposure for your first job).

WRT the point of attracting 'experienced' pilots back to instructing - as a 1500TT, 1200ME, Twin training approved, GR3 instructor who has spent most of his time as a charter pilot - I would love to move back to a capital city to do some instructing. But, after making enquires to just about every training organisation in the land I have been unable to find one who is even slightly interested! It would seem that the 200h CPL/Gr3 is flavour of the month.