PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2002, 09:00
N380UA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It all depends of what airport you’re talking about. A determined person will undoubtedly be able to bring something on board one way or another! The security in general is good and in some place had been made even better, I don’t even wanna know how many nail clippers, and small pocket knifes had be confiscated thus far (lol). I also believe that security in the US today is still worse that the security in central Europe pre 9/11. Rather, the hype has been jacked up and the sense for reality has gone out the window. Some have mentioned that they don’t feel secure anymore and probably never really will. I on the other hand feel no less secure today then pre 9/11.
A terrorist will not be deterred by plastic cutlery in the cabin, locked cockpit doors, or heavily armed, brainless (sorry) junior high dropouts, pot smoking (sorry again) security guards on our airports.
Perhaps as a reminder; Terrorism is an act of war, war is a continuation of politics where diplomacy has failed. Hence fighting terrorism should not be left up to the aviation industry, but must be conducted by our governments.
Of course, any security at all must be applied equally, be it PAX or crew, and for that matter any other person who has access to an AC. And while we’re at it, what about ATC? Couldn’t some loonies take control of the tower and start some major illsh!t; especially in IMC?
So where does it start and where does it end?