PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius - all you need to know about MK (threads merged)
Old 14th Nov 2002, 17:55
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Pontius for your nice long mail,
I have been to france recently(on air mauritius request at air mauritius school EPAG) I spend a month there learning the JAR and flying on the sim.
The french told me that my level was excellent (flying and technical)and that I had the potential to achieve a lot. I couldn't believe it myself. When i went to france i was scared that they were going to find that my level was very bad (they critize a lot the australian training) but i didn't have one simple problem.
I even went to Britair to do an assessment on ATR (passed technical and flying no problems at all)
When i left mauritius they (banymandhub and co) told me that they will assess me as soon as I get back. They promiss it. Now they don't believe my results at EPAG and say that it doesn't mean anything what else do they want
Since i have been back no news from them at all. I might if i am lucky get interviewed and tested on ATR in january. Nothing on paper yet. Why? Too much pressure so he or they don't want to take any decsisions. So I hope now you understand why i am a bit pissed off.
Top guys (meaning chief pilot will not mention any names) told me that they were disgusted by the way this company was running. Not long ago when they did mauritian pilot selection they were told that if they employ a white they have to employ a chinese and at least 2 indiens. true. N i am white..........big problem but sooner or later i will change my name n grow a bear
anyway I am off to SA tomorow morning Will see how it goes there