PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius - all you need to know about MK (threads merged)
Old 14th Nov 2002, 16:22
Pontius' Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I've just got back from that one flight for the month that Icaptain25 speaks about. In fact it's my second trip to Paris this month, and then I have to still fly to SIN & KUL next week (3 nights in KUL) and then off to HK in the last week of the month (4 nights in HKG). Thank goodness we don't have to fly on two days of the month!! MK must certainly have one of the nicest route stuctures to make it the great flying job it is.

On a more serious note:

Icaptain25

I think if you were to let us know what qualifications and type ratings you have that you are offering MK, it would make it clear to us all how unfairly you are being treated or if you are just lacking in experience. A lack of experience is no crime. As planecrazi says, you will get it in time.

In another post you mentioned that your interview did not go all that well, and if you say you returned to France after your interview I then have met you on that flight. You did not come across as negative and as bitter as you are now when we chatted on the flight deck. Or have I got the wrong guy? The person I met was a very pleasant guy who seemed determined to persue his goal of flying for MK. Why the change? Don't give up so easily.

----------------------------------
500 million MUR (rps) profit:
----------------------------------

Yes I think everyone thinks it could have been better. I have the Annual Report 2001-2002 in front of me and the figures reflect a profit of closer to 520 million rupees. This after a disappointing 2000-2001 year. It shows me that the MD is doing something correct to turn the company's profits around like that in one year.

----------------------------------------------------------
Why do they employ people from overseas... :
----------------------------------------------------------

Same as every company I guess. Because there are insufficient local people available with the required expertise and qualifications. Whilst MK employs ex-pats, they do run a cadet scheme, from time to time, which takes Mauritians from zero flying experience to their first commercial flying job on the ATR's.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
but still nothing is happening, not even a letter from them.. :
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agreed! Their way of keeping their potential recruits informed of their selection status is poor.

I too have thought about it again, and yes I am still convinced that it is a great company to fly for.

(edited for spelling)