PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LION AIR(Merged 2011 - 12)
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2011, 07:14
KAG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Option

Flight Instructor-----cost 8k€
Salary------7€/hr
Flight time-----300hrs/year
End result: takes me almost 4 years to repay rating cost, I got 1200 SE flight time with guys on my left side trying to kill me while flying in 40 yr old a/c
7 Euro per hour? Which country did you pick?
300 hours a year? Which flight school are you talking about?
7 Euro an hour after 4 years? Something is wrong somewhere.

I think you took all the worst situations possible to put them together and created your "standard" instructor path.

Students trying to kill you? What are you talking about? I have more than 2000 hours of instruction, nobody tried to kill me.
2 Years and half after I started instruction (CAD $30 an hour) I was captain on King air, so don't sell your "standard" instructor path you created here to everybody.

TR-----20k€
"line training"-----25k€
Additional cost---5k€
Flight time-----1200hrs/yr
Salary----16 months x 4000$ = 64k$
End result: in two years I'll have more than 2000hrs flight time on 737 and my debt will be almost payed
But who will pay you back for your dignity?
Paying to work, it means you are the slave of your environment, and ready to do anything to find a short cut. What kind of pilot does (will it) it make you?
Paying your way up to what you consider the goal to reach without doing the travel to get there is destroying the image of airline pilot itself. And when you will have destroyed it, nothing will be left for you to be proud and enjoy you career you didn't build.

1200 hours a year? Haven't you read all the witnesses who went through lion air and eaglejet on pprune?

Let's put some irony now: don't you realize that if you don't pay to work, the same position will be available without the need to pay for it?

Pilot is his worst enemy.