PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What do you find most annoying about our job???
Old 13th Nov 2002, 21:33
TwinAisle
Scourge of Bad Airline Management!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great thread!

My favourites?

I was on the BA from LHR to BRU one nite on the old 757, and there were about ten in economy, and me and a very elegant lady with a West Highland terrier in a box (the terrier, not the lady!) in Club.

The BA crew were their usual excellent selves - but one of the economy passengers was just a pain. As soon as we pushed back, he was on the call bell, demanding drinks, his meal "NOW" so he could sleep (on a 45m sector, hello Rip van Winkle) and blankets, and on and on and on.... every one was getting really fed up with him well before the "cabin crew, seats for departure, please"....

So we take off. The lady with the Westie has asked if she can open the top of her dog's box, to pat him during take off, yes, no problems - and this is one cute dog, so the stewardess has fallen in love at first site - dog gets patted and given a chocolate...

"Ding Ding Ding" from our friend in Y..... "Ere - that bloody dog is getting better service than me!"

To which the Stewardess said - to rapturous applause -

"Sir - that "bloody dog" is a British Airways Club Europe Passenger. YOU are economy!"

Silence from our friend for the rest of the trip!!

Or the other great BA story I have - going in to the old HKG one morning - wheels hit the deck, Chinese passenger gets up, trying to open his locker. Stewardess goes into overdrive, asks him forcefully - but very politely - to sit back down. Absolutely no response.... save for a mouthful of abuse (in English, so he obviously could have understood the "please sit down")

Captain then decides to take a quicker-than-planned turn off - hit the brakes hard. Chinese pax becomes virtually airborne, slams - face first - into the bulkhead, lands virtually next to the stewardess. Her comment?

"Silly man - I did tell you. Now sit down, shut up and next time fly Cathay"

The more I fly with the great BA, the more I want to - they put up with a lot, take a lot of abuse, and still smile at the end of the trip. Thanks folks!

TA
(The pax who ALWAYS listens to the safety announcement - I may have heard it a million times, and could probably do it with you in about five languages - but ignoring you is still bad manners!)