PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Citi Express Base Closures
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2002, 20:35
Atropos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All of the Cadets at BA who didn't get a contract post Sep 11th 2001 are now being brought into the company. When those cadets who are with BACX will start being pulled back in I don't know for sure but my guess would be sooner rather than later, the recruitment Dept. at BA, well the section in the CC that deals with pilot recruitment, is starting to get "snowed under". As for the RJ. It all depends on the Scope negotiations. You may be aware there is raging debate over the pay negotiations at the moment, that is where all attention is focussed. Once that is sorted out, then scope is next. Until a deal is agreed then no BA aircraft of 100 seats or more will be flown by anyone other than a BA mainline pilot. The union at the recent GMM's stated they would like to get scope sorted by Xmas, I wouldn't hold your breath.

The result of the scope negotiations could conceivably be that the RJ continues to be flown by BA mainline crew and few positions if any are released to BACX, or the other end of the scale would be complete agreement (ha ha) and all the RJ positions released to BACX plus the pilots who have bid to stay in the regions from BA mainline. No one knows what the answer will be, frustrating isn't it!