PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Idea!!
Thread: No Idea!!
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2002, 19:18
headwind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Choosing your instructor

Thanks gottom 2 dollar for starting this thread. Aussiebert you wanted to hear an average student pilot out - I think I represent one with 160hrs and PPL, planning to pursue my CPL. I don't think restricting the instruction business or changing the current minimum hrs requirements will help the fact that there will always be a wide spectrum of students for which as wide a spectrum of instructors are suitable.

On every CPL course you will have a) very eager and motivated guys who know the CPL syllabus & requirements inside out before lesson 1, the guys that glue on to more seasoned pilots for a learning experience and hang out at the hangars, spend their free time reading accident investigation reports, etc. and b) guys who have illusions of getting through it the easy way, cutting corners, just thinking it'll be cool to be a pilot. Guys in a) will be sensible enough to sack an instructor who does not seem to be fulfilling the syllabus and guys in b) will be the ones sacked by the instructor. The student makes the choice of an instructor. I'd prefer to have someone like stormywx sitting on my right hand side thru a CPL course.

-headwind