PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rude Cabin Crew
Thread: Rude Cabin Crew
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2002, 18:20
captcat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sure 126.9 was not referring to that but to the tone of the answer. Anyway, "that's in the regulations" is not an answer to why a cardigan or anything else cannot be on an overwing exit, at least for the average pax. It's just a way to shut up someone. It's like when your parents tell you "you must do it because I told you" when you're little. And it doesn't work on adults! Usually adults whant to know the reasons. Sometimes because they are genuinely interested, sometimes because they feel like losing face in front of the wife/girlfriend or wathever on obeying an order they don't understand without a reason. They are just hoping for a smile and a reason to make them feel they are not just being imposed.
A good C/A usually knows how to avoid that kind of clash with a pax. We are the ones paid and trained to take care of them, they are not paid to smile at us (but that doesn't mean they can be impolite).
I personally have never flown with Easy. But as I said I have flown with Ryanair and without generalising, on MY flights C/A really didn't seem to have never attended a Human Factor class.
Do you in Easy? (and it's not a rhetoric question, I really would like to know).
In my company we also have classes in Psychology of Service, where they analize the relation C/A-pax step by step to try to avoid common mistakes and the degeneration of a transaction. Even if the pax is rude and doesn't smile at you!
I personally doubt they run such classes in Ryanair, and if they do I suggest they fire the teacher. But excuse me for doubting, but I really don't think that in low costs they have the same training than in, say, KLM, or BA, especially on the customer care side.
And please Zerfas, stop trying to make people feel guilty for having been the victim of bad manners. We C/A should know better than being rude to people, it's part of our job!
I personally had no clash with anyone in Ryanair, but can take notice of what's going on around, how people are in their job etc, especially since we are supposed to be on the same branch