PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Idea!!
Thread: No Idea!!
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2002, 11:32
bush mechanics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Ive stirred up some very intresting issues(excuse my spelling its the engineer in me)
Its a hard one but when I did my cpl in brissy a pimple faced boy approached me aand said lets go flying,Firstly Im paying the dollars here soo I asked some question,What grade instructor,ans,grade 3.how many hours do you have ans 250,any remote area experience,ans go out too Oakey a bit,
Whell sorry but if one is paying top dollar and by the way ive got a bank loan to pay for my flying,No silver spoon here!(parents did help out when they could)eg head vset.
I want a grade one instructor ,You dont get a grade 3 any cheaper do you.Im sure he was good at his job but hey,If you hire a car for 200 dollars and you have choice of a mini moke or a ss comodoren at the same price what would you pick?
Alot of my mates who are all flying for airlines here and O/s and were all dam good bush pilots all had trades behind them before they started flying eg Plumbers,electricians,carpenters,mechanics.
Its funny when you can get a cpl and more in 1 year and then be responsible for peoples lives where in any other proffesion its 4 too 8 years(doctors)Engineers have to have at least 4 years exp before they can obtain a licence then you sighn a/c out for 100 hours or 1 year,think how many people fly in that airplane over that M/r period

Whell thats it for now ,Instructor rateings are being used as an aid purley too get hours up for that first job,thats where the problem lies,
the toes you step on today coulbd be connected too the arse you may have too kiss tomorow