PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas -its started
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2002, 12:08
notsovapid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am thinking that there is a "system" as such. Probably about as relevant as that at Brittania's. with their maths test (but that's life I guess).
They no doubt are using sophisticated, computer software to sift through the psychometric test replies to find persons who match the profile defined by the (edited) HR/Psych professionals who of course know exactly what an ideal flight attendant is??????? Of course, as well as having whatever experience/education is deemed to be relevant as well!
Good luck in the great Qantas lottery for 2002!

Edited... just because you, Notso, do not fully understand the methods employed by Psych/HR professionals in assessing and applying selection criteria, does not mean they should be subject to abuse. Perhaps if you were to research slightly the history, and application of such techniques, you might realise the benfits to both employer and industry. After all, it is easy to be critical of that which we do not understand but are subjected to; it is much harder to see it's worth objectively.

Every airline and major company round the planet uses psychometric profiling, mind you, in some shape or form, so perhaps they know something you don't?

Sick Squid
CC Forum Moderator

Hmmmm... a bit "testy" there sick squid I think. Maybe you missed the underlying lightheartedness of my post as I certainly had no particular desire to denigrate that most noble of professions, psychiatry.

I do however think it is a bit of a broad sweep btw for you to proclaim that, "Every airline and major company round the planet uses psychometric profiling, mind you, in some shape or form, so perhaps they know something you don't?"
I would venture that this simply is not the case at all?

Anyway, sincere apologies to those who were offended by my apparent offensiveness!

Last edited by notsovapid; 17th Nov 2002 at 09:53.