PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ***arm Airline Pilots Now***
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2002, 10:21
saudipc-9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Celtic,
You and I are in agreement, although I think from slightly different view points. Your thoughts that anti-gun campaigners tar and feather the pro-gun lobby with the same brush is probably true. However, I think the same could be said for the reverse.
I am not anti-gun, I just don't think this is the solution that we need. The reason 19 terrorists got onboard and were able to take over those aircraft was because we let them. The security in the US and other countries, was in the past shocking! We have to stop these people well before they get near an aircraft. A firearm onboard treats the symptom, but does not cure the disease. Believe me I don't think we are any less capable of handling a firearm that is not my argument at all. Of course we are able to do so I just think there are better ways of handling the situation than to add more firepower.
Barry, Sorry if I hurt your feelings but if you say something on here which is in poor taste, then expect to be called on the carpet for it. I wasn't trying to insult you nor be uncivil , just making a point.

Last edited by saudipc-9; 12th Nov 2002 at 18:29.