PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maintenance Standards
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2002, 05:00
PondLifeMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Hello,

Have to say that I agree with Blacksheep, Le Pen, Spanners and even Bus's one liner about complacency.

I've been thinking about Chirp and one of the reasons it will never work for us.

I guess that I have been lucky in some respects, I have only ever once been in a position where I felt the need to Chirp. BUT my anonanimty could have never been guaranteed. As a result I didn't submit it.

There must me many of us either working alone or on a shift where you are the only Licenced guy. Where, if any sort of investigation were carried out, the finger could only be pointed at you.

I guess that they would say that the company would not be able to do anything to you. But, we all know they can.

Finally, in answer to Aerodyne. I do not believe that standards have dropped. How could they? Would any one of us, or, for that matter any Pilot, depart or accept an aircraft where the standard of Maintainance is less than it should be? I'm not talking about ADD's here. (After all, the manufacturer has deemed that these defcts are allowable). But the actual standard of the work carried out.

Sorry, I think I'm starting to ramble on. Its very late.

Hope you can make sense of this.

PLM