PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NOTAM site 'upgrade'
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2002, 18:48
ModernDinosaur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know whether to laugh or cry. It seems that Mike Cross has (after three months of head-scratching) managed to solve my personal "missing NOTAM" problems, the results of which are quite widely known from my other posts.

When I first started using the new service, I'm was advised (by a member of NATS) that rather than entering three different flights for a triangular route, I could enter a single route starting and ending at the same place, with the other two airfields listed as alternates and appropriate turning points. It now transpires that this can eliminate the "en-route" information about, for example, airshows....

I wonder if this is the reason behind many of the other "missing NOTAM" reports??? Even if it is not the cause of all the reports, given that an awful lot of PPL flying is "local area and return to base" it could easily account for a reasonably large number of the reports.

I have to agree with Mike's recommendation that this is a very serious bug and must be addressed with some urgency. Thanks to Mike for spotting this and alerting users.

Yours slightly relieved,

MD.