PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LION AIR(Merged 2011 - 12)
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2011, 03:09
tarmac12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Contradictions

Dood.

Bonding is where you stay with a company for a certain period of time so as to not owe any money for the training they gave you. This isn't to be confused with salary sacrifice to pay for a type rating, line training etc. Alot of airlines make you sign a 2 year training bond. Leave before 2 years and you have to pay pro rata what you owe for training. Leave after 2 years and you owe nothing. If you need to get endorsed well thats up to you usually but some airlines will bond you or get it back from salary.

As for your relatives getting you into and airline is the same as you doing it yourself isn't really the same. If I had the opportunity for a family member to get me in of course I would do it but getting it yourself feels so much better. The true meaning of that post was if a relative gets you your first job don't think that the next one will be as easy. Time in book doesn't equal employability.

Last time I checked Cathay Pacific is a no money up front scheme for zero hour guys up to ATPL guys to be SO's. Five years after signing on you can leave no questions and you didn't have to pay a cent. I have no problems with anyone who has a go at it.

Sometimes somone has to be harsh for the message to be heard. I haven't had a fairytale ride at all. I washed dishes in a restaurant and stacked shelves at the local supermarket for two years and even drove a truck whilst on my aviation adventure. I still had to rent a flat and buy food and pay bills. All this whilst keeping current. Which I failed to do at one point and it cost me a job.