PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LION AIR(Merged 2011 - 12)
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2011, 22:45
dood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@tarmac12

Your logic is ludicrous. So paying back your bond through your salary is fine, but paying back your loan for line training through salary is not fine. In any industry that's exactly how it works! You pay for your education through a student loan and pay it back through your salary. The only difference aviation is bloody expensive.

Instructing is always a good path to build hours. Provided you're capable of instructing and from your previous posts you clearly understand. Do you realize that not so long ago flight schools sponsored FI courses. Now they don't because they are a dearth of pilots looking to build hours. In the last 5 years in UK a FI rating has gone up from £4-5000 to ~£7000 that a pilot pays for himself. Only to earn £7/hr which he/she may or may not enjoy or even be good at. I've had horrendous hour building PPL FI's that up and left without so much as a 'here's your training record filled up' and amazing career FI's that really know how to teach.

I'm digressing. The point is for most becoming a instructor is just a cheaper tier of pay2fly. I won't try and debate the value a 200hr pilot has in teaching a new student pilot over a career instructor sharing his years of experience often from other types of aviation and other walks of life.

Your last comment about being 'any good' and 'getting a job through great contacts' is such a contradiction to your previous posts. So a newbie with an aunt or uncle (read contacts) getting them into an airline is not good but all of a sudden making contacts yourself and getting placed the same way is great.

The contradictions go on. You post about applying to Cathay Pacific and not hearing anything and just prior to that, bash the very programme you applied for stating your friends realized that other avenues would have been better.

In my opinion, whether you want to accept it or not is entirely your choice, is that you seem to care a lot about what other people think. I admire your sense of morals and wish I saw the world as a fairy-tail in which everything ran with amazing efficiency. But, that's not the case. It's an airlines market and they can choose who they want regardless of what route was taken. No airline will hire someone incapable and dangerous. If it does happen it's not the individual who was hired's fault but the system through which he was hired and deemed qualified.

So please stop bashing at things from the sidelines without first hand experience. jetjockey696 has valid points, backs up his arguments, has first hand experience and is relevant to the thread. If you want to discuss it further feel free to PM me or start a blog with your criticisms.

Back to the thread Lion Air 737+500 Line training ->