PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LION AIR(Merged 2011 - 12)
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2011, 21:18
tarmac12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being payed back

Mr 88,

Bonding is how you pay your training costs back, ie you stay with said airline for 1,2 years whatever.
Anyone who see's wages you are paid by an airline as a way to redeem your training costs is a little silly I think. Stop trying to look at it with rose coloured glasses.

Instructing will always be around. Guys like the one's on this forum who seem prepared to keep paying money even in bad times prove it.
You all went through flying school and had some good,awesome and probably some very average ones. Stop ditching on instructors. How would you feel if you were an instructor and your student told you that your only doing it cause you couldn't get in an airline. Does anyone think instructors anywhere else in the world get rock star wages?
I would take the 7 quid an hour and 300 hours a year and hold my head high knowing I'm doing a noble and thankless job. Also, if your any good you will get a job through the great contacts you will make being an instructor.
I'm crap at teaching which is why I never took that route. Made my search much harder but got there in the end.