PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Confidence. Vote here.
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2011, 19:47
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Job done;

I am going to ask the Mod's to 'un-stick' this post tomorrow night. I believe it's job is done and done very well indeed. The numbers speak for themselves and will be a big part of the formal presentation and press release.

In broad terms, three things have emerged which demand attention. I have not gone to any great depth here, for the sake of brevity, however the main points:-

(1) This is a sick, scared industry locked into a an almost untenable relationship with a regulator for which there is a great deal of fear and an almost complete lack of respect from the industry and it's own people.

(2) The 'methodology' used to enforce the law, flawed interpretation of that law and the almost total absence of probity visible throughout CASA actions in the AAT demands that past and present actions against industry be examined, independently and in detail. Particularly if a license, rating or operating privilege of any description is going to be affected, then the case must be proven 'beyond' reasonable doubt. If, the "Criminal" code is to be used, then criminal charges must be laid and proven. The lazy, almost feckless use of the "not a fit and proper" clause to support and manipulate a CASA argument is just the tip of the iceberg.

(3) CASA produced positive, measurable, tangible safety improvement is notable only by it's complete absence. What is clearly apparent is the sub culture where industry will do, say and write almost anything just to get the CASA back into their own office, off the premises and hopefully have them sign off on whatever it was the operator wanted 6 months ago.

A serious and heartfelt thanks to everyone who participated in this exercise, it has been a great effort by all. Thanks to the Mod's, who have been helpful, reasonable and patient 'above and beyond', I know, my shout.

The 'Votes", email addresses and details will be harvested tomorrow night and securely stored They will remain unread in electronic form until such time as they go out as part of the release of the project. PM's and confidential emails will be deleted at the same time, big thank you to the 'employees' who were concerned enough to speak out. I hope there will be a time when you may speak freely and without fear.

That's it from me on this one.

Selah.

For Jabba and Gobbledock.

Macbeth, Act 2.3
Porter:
Here's a knocking indeed! If a man were porter of Hell Gate,
he should have old turning the key. Knock, knock, knock!
Who's there, i' th' name of Belzebub?.
Knock, knock! Who's there, in th' other devil's name?