PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 13 JP Course RAF Church Fenton 1966
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2011, 19:05
Fly380

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I passed on the information I remember. What about some info on the others? I do remember Laurie Haywood's incident but that happenned before our course started I think. I remember Harold Chadbourne doing curcuits and bumps at Sherburn-In-Elmet a disused airfield with XX' at the end of the runway when he was supposed to be at Elvington. ATC answered all his calls and watched the invisible JP doing touch and goes.
As for the entertainment side we were always being invited to nurses and teachers parties. I remember one night going to a widwives training school in Leeds and their pride and joy was their skeleton. When I woke up in the mess the following morning there were bones everywhere. Someone had nicked the skeleton. The school were none too pleased and we had to return them. I blame Laurie Haywood (RIP). He was acting very suspicially that night. I don't think our boss, Sqn Ldr Waite was very pleased with us. York was a pleasure to go to. So many women and so few men. Stonegate was where we used to go. Ye Olde Star Inn and another I can't remember the name of. Just round the corner was Young's Hotel - birthplace of Guy Fawkes but the Fish- heads from Linton used to drink there. I saw a thread about 20 Hunter Squadron in Tengah. Well Cross Robin's father was C-in C Transport command and so when we had a weeks leave he organised a trip for me and Nigel Kirby to go to Singapore and we stayed in the mess at Tengah where we bumped into an ex ADC of his fathers. He took us flying in their T7 and made us do curcuits and bumps at Tenjah which was a bit of of a jump up from a JP! Sorry about all the drivel but it might bring back some memories. Next was Varsities at Oakington and lots of exciting stories there - but for another day.
Toodlepip And LOONRAT - who are you? Bob? ps Flt Lt Pete Martin was the guy that took us up in the T7 in Tengah.

Last edited by Fly380; 7th Dec 2011 at 20:05.