PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Citi Express Base Closures
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2002, 10:02
Jetstream Rider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rumours rumours....

OK, so here is what I have heard...

1) Eastern to get 5 of our J41's as they have said they want them and the South African ones are too expensive to put on the UK register.

2) EuroManx to get 6, Eastern to get 6, hence disposal of entire fleet. EuroManx and Eastern to be given a franchise when they get the J41's (and what would be the difference from having Manx/BRAL fly them??? Would be same aircraft, same routes and probably same pilots. Full circle perhaps?)

3) Route changes at LBA

I do not claim any of these are true, just what I have heard from the mill. It is true that BA would like to sell the J41, but with leases up until 2007 and (perhaps) no one willing to take on the leases it will be tricky.

I reckon it is more likely that there will be major route changes at LBA rather then getting rid of the J41.

Pilots in the holding pool - we are still filling the holding pool and there are about 60ish BA cadet F/O's in the airline at the moment who BA would like back to fly jets in the not too distant future. There will be jobs for pilots in BACX in a while I reckon.