PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde question
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2011, 15:59
Jofm5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must say a very interesting and worthwhile read, it is so excellent that the general oiks like I have the opportunity to pose some questions - for the participation of those in the know I applaud you . My first memory of her is when I was 8 from the top of the Queens building (IIRC) watching her taxy and take off, I have visited her many times at RNAS Yeovilton but alas did not have the funds in 2003 to make one of the final flights.

I have some questions if I may, they are very general and aimed at getting some more fascinating discussion going - I am only a student ppl so cant go into the nitty gritty so hope to prompt some memories.

1) I adore the lady in many ways but I would imagine she was far from perfect with the challenges that had to be overcome. I would imagine the positives way out weighed any negatives. So what were the downsides for the Capt/FO/FE that were most discussed - was anything done to alleviate these is design/Pre-Production and what if any gripes made it through to production.

2) For each of you (I would imagine they would be different based upon your skill set) what were the biggest challenges you personally had to overcome when switching to/designing our iconic aircraft.

Finally some more anecdote's from LandLady and Concorde Trivia from M2 would be good.

Many thx