PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating - which type, where, why pay etc?
Old 11th Nov 2002, 09:48
tailscrape

Terrier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fibod,

Spot on.

As for jmc approaching GECAT to run a similar course, who knows? One thing that is certain is that jmc have said publicly that they have a demographic problem in the airline. There are lots of pilots waiting for Command, and 50 too many Captains in the airline already.

Bear in mind, that the MOST JUNIOR co-pilot in jmc has 2 years service nearly and over 1000 hours on type...... and you start to get a picture. That means the most senior co-pilots have 6 or 7 years in the company and 4 or 5000 hours on type.

So, it would be attractive for jmc to recruit low hours people to be co-pilots for 10 years or more.

However, jmc first have to offer a dozen or so blokes their jobs back before they recruit again. People who took career breaks etc.....so, I would not get too excited about the prospects there for recruitment next year. After that though, I reckon wannabes may be in luck with them. As long as you can afford to work summer only contract work.

As for eJ, who knows again? Why would they take the training risk upon themselves? CTC does a good job for them. I doubt they will change that.