PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Atlantic Glider revisited - official report released (Merged)
Old 11th Nov 2002, 09:24
kinsman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Rockhound

Do not mistake me, I think the crew did a great job in setting the aircraft down. I was alluding to the possible incorrect application of the fuel imbalance drill. As a trainer on the A330 I do find it difficult to reconcile the crews actions prior to the double engine flame out. But as I mentioned in an earlier post there may well be more information that may explain the crews actions.

As it would be very wrong to lay blame on the crew before the completion of a full investigation, it is also wrong to elevate a crew to the position of hero before all the facts are known. I am sure Captain Piche also feels uncomfortable with the accolade.

My point is even if it is proved the crew failed to deal correctly with a serious fuel leak, we as an industry need to move away from looking for some poor sod to blame and learn from the situation. After all a good crew that has made a serious mistake would be the last ones to do it again, at least that's the theory!