PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs in Africa (2011 onwards) part 3.
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2011, 09:32
CharlieVictorSierra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some great points there launchpad.

It is very tough out there and getting SO much tougher in Africa. I know in Botswana guys are kidding themselves if they think they going to get a work permit There had been a reshuffle at the top of the Labour Department and the new head honcho is hell bent on citizens getting the jobs first. So it just gets harder and harder. Just a few points:

for all those young and new cpl pilots . . its a tough world out there . . and its changing every few years. try work at a charter company in ops, or an airline .
Good idea...in theory. Thats even tough these days. And be careful of being ROYALLY shafted by charter ops who promise the world...then a year later (after doing everything right for a pathetic salary and crazy working hours) you start asking when youll be able to get a raise/maybe a rating and you get given the boot. Its happened to a friend of mine so watch out.

Solenta require a frozen ATP to fly a caravan and 1000 hours . . why you would need and ATP to fly a van I do not know?
Market related...basically they demand that because they can. Typical supply and demand. A few years back it wasnt like that.

I got lucky, but searched hard daily.
So did I...but you make your own luck. Aint gonna get a job sending CV's over email and fax.

to CharlieVictorSierra . . J41 job . .I'm in if its still on the cards!

ps the airlines can be kinda boring for some . . watching the autopilot do all the work limits ones hands on skills.
Agreed...personally I couldnt bare the thought of being an airline pilot! But it does have its positives...love the charter/corporate thing im doing now.

PM me launchpad when you have a chance!