PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ek recruiment suspension
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2002, 08:37
ProfessorMCDU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too Much

I don't want to offend anyone, but I too have about 12000 hours and several thousand of them in the "Command" position.

However, that doesn't mean that I should be able to "Jump" ahead on a seniority list.

Furthermore, there are two of us in the front of the airplane because they just happen to be built for two. Heck, I recall the days of three on a regular basis and guess what? Yep, there were three of us. Not because there were any favors being handed out. We were all there because we were all REQUIRED!

So, what's my point? The fact is that I'm a little annoyed with all the "Command" and "Four strip" comments. Face it boys and girls, with few exceptions, those of us who wear four bars do so because someone gave us the priviledge. It is not a Right!

Four bars, three bars, two bars, and the fine folks in the back. We are all in this together, and frankly, I like to hear input from everyone so WE can do the right thing when necessary!

Think about it "Captain Sir!"

For me, I am very hopefull that I can trade in my four bars, for an opportunity to wear less at EK.