PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LION AIR(Merged 2011 - 12)
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2011, 08:12
goldenman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys think they can be hired with their 500h of 737 when they are in a catch 22.
Catch-22 (logic) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"a pilot tries to get a pilot job but he has to pay to work, but they won't hire him because without money he can not get a job".

Who will hire them when you just need to hire a guy who pay you to do the job.
If I had a house, and need a gardener, why should I pay a man when he offered me free service or even give me money to take care of my backyard.

think about it? if people give you money in exchange of experience, would you refuse?
what is their plan afterward, go to British airways? not a chance.

crap airline, crap SOP, crap managment, crap training, crap pilots...
and where are these pilots now? no one say anything here so I resume they are sitting at home looking for a job or looking for another round of 500h to reach their 1500h tt minimum requirement to get a job...

If it was so easy, just a cheque of 30'000 euro for 500h, and after FO for 4-5 years then captain, everybody would do it.

Until now, this industry is not interested by low time copilots, because their goal is to get copilots to become captain. If you don't have 5000h or more, just forget about it, they will just take your money.
It s not fair, I know, but airlines don't care about you and your career of spoiled kid, they are business, not charity, and it's not because you have a cpl and a few hours on the 320 (that you have paid) , they have to give you a paid job.

If they can get a pilot for free, they will take him, and you are out again.And if someone pay to work, the free pilot is out as well.
And the only way to get paid, it s when there will be less pilots than jobs available, and it will be probably never, not in the next 10 years. Maybe in the USA, but not in the rest of the world.