PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seek for suggestions for getting a PPL
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2011, 22:40
roger_hujin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you guys for all these great suggestions and advice. I think I will weight between go for a PPL straight and go a RA first.

I will make a list of questions I want to ask and visit MFT once more, ask them to show me around and try a trail flight.

Tooradin also sounds good, but just a little bit far, 70+km, probably have to be 1.5 hour driving if I go princess hwy. Also I noticed on their website that they will ask people to come fly in 6.00am and they finish the day around mid-day as there are some sea breeze coming in the late of the day. Just thinking about driving to somewhere 1.5 hours away at 4 or 5 o'clock in the morning already make moorabbin much more attractive.

However, reading VH-XXX make me concern that if moorabbin is really that bad with all those oversea students? Having family and kids, safety always comes first to me, I understand accident happens in every airfield, but just wondering if moorabbin does have this bad situation more often or still generally good?

P.S: read the MFT newsletter yesterday and saw a notice about some people stopped the aircraft on the runway to switch from tower freq to ground freq. The management required they clear the runway as quick as practical and keep on tower freq until clear the runway, it also pointed out that they understand it might be some "non-local" pilot. I guess they are talking about oversea students?

I am a bit surprised to read that as even I haven't start my flying course, I know the runway should be cleared as quickly as possible and keep on tower freq until cleared, it is kind like some common sense. Cannot imagine why someone will get this wrong.