PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Future Pilot Programme (FPP)(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2011, 19:30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A couple of points perhaps worthy of consideration:

Williams mentioned that many of these jobs would have been for young people, and the article quotes him as continuing to mention "new graduates and school-leavers". This would point to me as referring to perhaps the internships BA have done over the past few years for Engineering and other support jobs.

A lot of the information released does seem to mention 'support of operations' and similar phrases, so perhaps the impact on flight crew may not be as bad as many here are thinking.

Certainly I would hazard that the 800 jobs mentioned are not entirely the flight crew recruitment numbers.

A further point, more of a technicality, is that the information refers to jobs in 2012, and it is known that those applying for the FPP are not employed until the TR has been completed, which will be at the earliest in 2013.

In conclusion, I would say that the effects of this may well impact on the FPP and DEP routes, although not making the entirety of the recruitment cut. Either way, BA are showing quite clearly their unhappiness with APD (and a valid point they have too in my opinion).