PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How bad can it get in cattle class?
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2011, 19:06
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
easyflyer83
However, times are hard and until we all start paying the going rate for air travel it ain't going to improve. All that said, I still don't get much of what you complain about.
Aint that the truth.

Every company is steadily downgrading their product and service to save money. The current recession is going to last at least another five years and possibly ten. If you want more service, do pay for Premium Economy or higher. Whilst that service is now largely what you used to get in Economy (minus the larger seat) that is where the market is. I agree that the change in service is not nice but, like everyone else, I don't like to spend more money than I have to.

Consider the service you now get in every field of commerce. Consider if your bank gives you better service than ten years ago? They get you to do it all online. Your supermarket? You can check goods out yourself (but get no benefit from so doing) or you can pay to have them delivered (which is, actually, a bargain in terms of money/time + effort).

Think about your electricty/water/gas/telephone supplier and check if they now offer the same customer service as ten years ago?

The list goes on and, in my experience, the answer is always the same.