PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lagos- The freight apron
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2002, 04:51
gema

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Lagos- The freight apron

Hi all Freight Dogs who do the freight thing in LOS. From 16 Oct thru 31 Oct we had the "no fuel" problem. Then the "no drivers of fuel truck" problem. On going is the inadequate facilities at the "Cargo Village". CR2 no ill intentions but the "rats" are human size down there.

So the purpose of this - Anybody have any ideas on how to remove the B707s and other scrap from the freight apron so that Freighters can use the hydrant points located near them.

Who has an email/sita for FAAN Ramp Safety office ? I do indeed wish to at least try and set up a pressure group and clean up the freight apron. All welcome to email me with yr suggestions. I will tdy ctc IATA Nairobi and see if they can assist. For the landing/parking/overflight charges we pay, there should at least be some improvements.

All comments appreciated.

And then - the loadmaster ctcs you and says- doors at 0550 - you breathe a sigh and say - 2h47 for fuel- what a bargain. You think to yrslf -AB at 0600 and into the blks by 11h15. This is going to be a good day. A coffee later and that darn cell rings again. Hey they just shut the airfield down. No radio coms, cant get start clearance and the guys nxt to us having the same sh..... So now once again old Africa Time comes into play. Send the crew to Hotel or wait it out. Naw- will give then another 30mins or so and see what happens. Our rep may just come back with good news (I have my doubts). Just another Lagos experience.