PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LION AIR(Merged 2011 - 12)
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2011, 17:57
jetjockey696

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok... take home is depending how much you work between 4-5500usd. because the pay structure. you keep 100% no tax..

As Eaglejet you get NO housing allowance until you sign the contract after 500hrs. After which you get 2.5million... which is 275usd for housing. Eaglejet guys find there own housing shared or single. Only CAE has free shared company housing, but most move out to be closer to the airport called BSD..Tangerang... check it out. when you join just ask the many expats for advice where you stay, but when you come here dont expect much... leave the 1st world behind.

Housing here is depending where you live.. in city center of jkt... a expat place can cost you.. 800-2800usd per month, btw these place the housing is provided by the rich companies to there expat managers, consultance etc..
Most pilots live near the airport for about 300-400usd per month.. dont forget the bills. and you need to pay 12mth rent in advance.. so make sure your got the $$$... first. and CAUTION... if you white..(expat) expect to pay the expat value added tax...or the bule tax. So negotiate everything until you are happy to give away a years rent... NON REFUNDABLE... and no you cant take the landlord to court etc.. dont exist. Trust me here... the mob justice first, then police justice.

I am not a TOTAL lover of p2F.. but you have to wake up, the world has changed. There many people, things to blame.. i guess that human nature.. Airlines are going bankrupt over night..as we speak. Good example AMR and thomson etc.. the good days and the hiring low hours are PRACTICAL no more. Now it the fitness airlines wins. You can wait for the industry to pick up so to chose thousands of low hours pilots.but WHEN??

I learn in aviation you have to be lucky and to be in the right place at the right time... Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.. so be prepared with jet hours. My friend (Eaglejet) my training partner..he competed his 2 yrs with lion, now flies B777 with qatar. a few more expats gone to hong kong airlines and a few went home to europe and found jobs.
and that no BU@L. i promise you... I wish i can join him.

though who couldnt find jobs after there time with lion, probably left with 500hrs or a bit more... thats not going to cut it. just look at job sites. you need a target... get as much hours as you can physically and mentally can fly. But make you sure when you leave lion you have more than 1000hrs jet... especially if your TOTAL TIME is low. Common sense...

(OK I expect hords to gonna say.... you dont hve common sense if you have p2f..) guys life short... pilots always look after no1..... dog eat dog world.. reality.... so who gives a F...........