PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 6th Dec 2011, 15:01
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gentlemen/Ladies,

Sorry to pour water on the parade but the Governments abject inability to deal with anything contentious (APD) has led to the following announcement from BA.

British Airways had been planning to create approximately 800 new jobs in 2012 to support growth of our flying programme.

Against an already difficult economic background, these fresh tax hikes make it impossible for us to proceed with this level of recruitment, so we expect to reduce this number by about half.

We will also postpone our plan to bring an extra Boeing 747 into service next summer, and review the use of two others.

This will have consequences for our flying schedule and will affect suppliers in Wales, Northern Ireland and England, undermining efforts to sustain employment levels.

UK at odds with Europe and rest of the world
This is the Conservative coalition which is supposed to support, encourage and boost UK growth, the same Government who oppose the expansion of Heathrow, charge extortionate APD rates just to escape the UK and then don't even have the decency to 'ring fence' them for 'green' purposes. The same self serving beaurocrats who give our troops in Afghanistan a 1% pay rise and the social scroungers a 5.3% 'pay rise'.

So, if the recruiting dries up you know exactly who to blame, and I apologise now as I was duped into voting for them as well. I can only shudder to think what state we would be in now if the other lot had won.

Rant over.