PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indian DGCA moves to Pilot License Exam in All Categories
Old 6th Dec 2011, 04:34
stiknruddr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shiva,
I understand your frustration but unfortunately, the DGCA syllabus contained all the topics that came up in the papers.
They were surprises in terms of the way the questions were framed but strictly speaking none of it was out of syllabus, because they have made the syllabus very general and all encompassing.
I felt the same way as you initially when i wrote my CPLG nav and regs papers this weekend (my first attempt btw). But when i looked at the syllabus i found that they had mentioned all the topics in some corner of the syllabus even if only in 2 words.

for example i find it ironic that on the one hand they expect me to know all about FMS, EFIS, ECAM etc and computerised flight planning and on the other hand they are asking questions on mercator chart plotting of radio bearings, a process which has been phased out in real life for years.

love it/ hate it/ dont care about it, whatever we may feel, DGCA is the way it is and will change very slowly. the less we try to fight it, the less frustrating it will be for us..