PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Confidence. Vote here.
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2011, 23:53
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kharon I've found with dealing with legal/political circles, including Senate enquiry submissions, letters to MPs/Senators, e-mails to concerned partys etc..etc, the biggest hurdle is trying to make people understand the aviation terminology. I feel if you can draw on examples that the average punter can relate to, then you have won half the battle.

It is worth trolling through previous Senate estimates, Parliamentary enquirys etc, to see which individual MPs/Senators have an interest in aviation. Also which pollies have endeavoured to try to engage in an understanding of the industry and its associated problems.

Here's a few that come to mind: Senator Xenophon, Senator Fawcett (this bloke understands the regs better than CASA), Senator Heffernan (although not involved in Qantas Sale Act inquiry some of his submitted questions on notice for the Supp Estimates of RAT are very good, see here:http://www.aph.gov.au/Senate/committ.../qon_index.pdf ).
Senator Johnson, Senator Abetz, Senator Cameron and Senator Sterle.

MPs are problematic at both a State and Federal level as they tend to only show an interest if there are votes to be gained (or lost). But I suppose the local constituents where there is a CASA victim (eg Warren Entsch for JQs case) and all the obvious ones (eg Shadow Minister Warren Truss).

It is also worth looking at previous enquiry submissions, as some of the submitters may take up the cause if approached (eg the Urquhart family).

Anyway if you need assistance with the process you can count me in!

cheers

Sarcs