PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skullduggery in the utopian world of DeeJay Flight ops
Old 5th Dec 2011, 11:51
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said Capt. Kremin, and may I add, us old pilots, yes us, who got the bid system going, who got us finally a fair wage, who flew aircraft that many of you would now laugh at, yes us, who forged routes, who made management get their act together over accomodation, (they used to put us in cabin style barracks two to a room if we were lucky) yes us who were the backbone of the industry and were glad to pass on to the next generation of pilots what we had learnt, what we had achieved, when most of you were in nappies or not even born. We had pride in our aircraft, and in our company, management was mainly run by pilots and engineers, and they ran it superbly, and our wish was to hand over to the next generation like Capt Kremin and his ilk and sit then sit back and be glad it was all in safe hands, and Australian pilots would continue the safety and standards that were set by the best people you could imagine. We never imagined that airlines like TAA and Ansett would cease to exist, we could never imagine QF would come under the threat it faces now, and I am glad that some people I knew that gave 110% are now no longer alive to witness the stuggle of their airline to survive. After reading CK's blog I feel some hope it was not all for nothing.