PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet to trial allocated seating
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2011, 11:45
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a matter of interest, did you check the fare that was available to you directly by making the booking yourself on Easy's site, vs what a travel agent chose to charge you ? And how long before you traveled was this fare determined ?
Good question. The booking was made four months before travel and a close eye was kept on the EasyJet site. The site's fare was the same as the agent's fare on the Friday but by the confirmation on Monday, the price had gone up.

Could you have booked a similar trip on Easyjet Holidays site at a lower total price ? Was there not an alternative tour-op offering on charters from NCL ? What was the difference in the EZY cost vs BA via LHR or LGW, or KLM via AMS, or AirFrance via CDG ?
Another good question - There was no realistic alternative flights for the villa and NCL travel. Living 20 minutes from the airport means that there has to be a substantial saving to make me travel from elsewhere. As for travelling via a hub, I'll do it if I have to but spending several hours at LHR/CDG/AMS is not my idea of a holiday. The direct flight is worth something. And I'll have to admit that I haven't looked at EasyJet holidays - Do you have to race to their villas from the airport to get good a one or are they allocated before departure?

At least thanks to the crew you managed to sit you together despite the scrum.
Sitting with your family spread over six rows (PM + daughter, Mrs. PM, Son 14 + Son 11) is not quite what I call sitting together.

Let’s all just hope the allocated seating trial is successful and it’s implemented to make things better for families like yours PM.
Yes thank you, I hope so. But I hope it doesn't cost more than "Speedy Boarding"?

...PM's antagonistic approach!
No - I'm being nice. Really nasty, antagonistic people can do far worse than me. And remember, the worst thing from a business point of view, is say nothing to the company, tell all of your friends and colleagues and never fly with that person again.

The aggressive attitude of some passengers pushing is not caused by the EZY policies but by people just being plain rude!
Yes you are are right - but our world is inhabited by greedy, grasping rude people and EZY's policy of unallocated seating, like Ryanair's and others, bring out the very worst in people. But I suppose you get used to it.

Next year might be an interesting one. I'll be looking for a bargain!