PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Domestic - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2011, 10:47
Shelbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabin Girl & Mangowaffles
Answer to Cabin Girl's question "Has anyone heard of someone who was unsuccessful after passing medical & security" Yes ME!!! mine was with Qantaslink & I was pissed cause I spent$500 and I have no idea why I didn't get the job? and I signed an agreement @ the interview saying I can me knocked out @ anytime and no reason will be given in my case I got a call asking if I could start in a week then she asked if I could give a Manager as an reference cause an EP's instructor was not allowed - I struggled finding an ex-boss people move around in aviation so gave my senior base which was probably why I got impersonal e-mail saying thanks but no thanks!!
I know MAM are a bit more professional & would not make you waste your time & money if you didn't have the job. You made it thru the executive review so they are probably just waiting on the paperwork
I know with skywest (perth airline) they offer you the job first and then tell you it is subject to Medical & security checks which is great cause @ least you know you got the job before spending money on the medical etc.