PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Become pilot
Thread: Become pilot
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2011, 23:08
stevop21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I guess you have no choice but to save up some money! Perhaps start by finding a job? I have no idea what you can/cannot do in Georgia but I imagine it would be fairly similar as to what you can work as here age 17. Shops and restaurants are the main employers of 17 year olds in the UK. Although trying to get something in the aviation sector would be beneficial. I work valeting private jets, it's relaxed work, you work with nice shiney jets and you meet lots of people in the industry.

Although what I think would be good is if you come over to either the UK or the US and try and work here, it would also improve your English at the same time. I read your posts and I understand exactly what you are saying but I know by reading it that you aren't a native English speaker. I do not mean to come across rude, Yyur English is very good!! But if you could master 'super fluent English' (I mean speaking like a native) I think you would have a very strong advantage!

I see that on AirZena's website they say All crews have undergone initial training programs abroad:
ICARE Training Centre (France), UAB Cam&Cons (Vilnius, Lithuania), Malev Training Center (Hungary), Pan American Flight Academy (Miami, Florida)

http://www.airzena.com/index.php?m=3&servid4=18

So perhaps that is a starting point, research some of those places?

Best of luck!