PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices College Manager Sacked
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2011, 19:05
boree3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Product" indeed! This dehumanising term tells me all I need to know. You poor bastards.
Sunfish. Most of us that have been around for more than a few years have had no "input" from the Learning Academy. However, the stories are legendary of the slow but sure degradation of what has been "delivered" to recent trainees. I say "delivered" quite deliberately as we have been extremely short of instructors for some time. As a result we have heard stories of students doing exercises in the simulator with no instructor present!

Those of us with years under our belt despair at what has happened. For many years we had a pass rate probably double what the pass rate has been recently. It's not rocket science but it wasn't good enough for some. As a result many recent recruits have not had the best quality training we could have provided and, as a result, many potentially long and rewarding careers
have been cut short.

Now we are having another internal " review/enquiry". Gosh! It has 3 months to come up with something. Why not ask a few people who were in the college before it became a "Learning Academy" what they think is wrong? I reckon they could turn it around in 3 months given sufficient resources and a free hand. Will that happen? No. Spin over substance every time.