PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A few days in HKG- where to stay?
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2011, 03:19
Gnadenburg

Received 92 Likes on 41 Posts
Why are you yawning Gnads ? Couldn't sleep from the food poisoning at your Michelin restaurant ?

Mate u really need to get a new pair of rose coloured glasses.

When the booze went tax free in HK the price remained virtually unchanged ( typical HK ) and apart from infinitely more different booze to choose from in Oz, places like Dan Murphies are cheaper too, give me some examples and I'll show you.
Everything is expensive in Oz because you are being paid in a currency that has the same value as toilet paper, and anyway, clean air and room to move have a price.
Enjoy the next 6 months of choking pollution.
I was yawning because you do not know what you are talking about. And I doubt you ever dined above Pizza Express in your tenure in HKG.

You are showing gross ignorance in the booze department. I can buy wine for 50% cheaper in Hong Kong than you can in Australia.

And do you seriously believe Dan Murphys can match the ability to ship wine from anywhere in the world to HKG tax free. It can't. A foreign wine at Dan Murphys is three to four times more expensive than HKG.

Actually, one way the thread author could redeem his airfares from Oz is to take his duty free allowance of wine back to Australia at the high end and flog it off to ripped off Aussies.

Try getting out of Tetsuyas or Rockpool in Sydney for under $300AUD for dinner and wine. You can dine here in HKG at similar or better quality for far less- just BYO your cheap booze!