PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 15 ton "Big blu"
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2011, 09:43
Willard Whyte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"What I do find interesting is the structure in the desert to the southeast, but still within the outer compound security fence
That looks like a filled in impact crater to me. A big one. Might just be a dry water hole, but that doesn't look right. Unfortunately its outside the high-res imagery. But whatever it is, its over 100 yards across"

I hope I am looking at the same thing as you.

The google earth image I gave you has a scale on it so we can now work out the Exact sizes of things.

I diagree with what it is. I don't think it is a dry water hole, I look at those often here in Aus, it has too much of a earthen berm around one side.

I think it is man made, it looks like a semi circular earthen berm has been made as you can see the scape marks on BOTH sides of the ridge. It has height to it (the berm). Have a look at the scrape marks of the berm round the outside of the facility, you can see the same scrape marks.
Small arms weapons range? Small burning area?

Their is a OLD square earthen shape but inside this and off to the east it looks like Bomb Craters. Also some other interesting craters to the NW of it and a line of something to the South of the square earthen shape. I'll defer here to the RAF boys - are these bomb craters ?
They look like craters, and the straight line in which they appear would help indicate as such too.

I think perhaps the whole larger area is something of a test area.

Interesting parallel lines just outside of the berm to the south, about 20' apart.

There's another 'facility' a couple of miles due north, and what could be a military HQ (with a 200'x250' parade ground? - it also generally looks very spick & span so maybe Revolutionary Guard) 2 miles due east.

The built up area 4.75 miles 325 degrees from the explosion looks very orderly too, and far bigger than the villages around it.

Last edited by Willard Whyte; 3rd Dec 2011 at 10:10.