PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Idea!!
Thread: No Idea!!
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2002, 09:59
bush mechanics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Idea!!

Is it me or are more pilot coming out of flying schools with no idea?
Im an engineer and cpl holder with nearly 1000 hours and have been working in GA for the last 12 years,only this year Ive renewed my cpl and thanks too a certain NT operater Im back in the sadle.
The amont of bad pilotship that I see can only be blamed to the flying schools whos intrest is the old dollar factor,Simple things like parking aircraft into wind where possible,taxing with doors open,leaving doors open on parked aircraft,taxing with too much power on and riding brakes(throtle back)Starting engines cold and reving the **** out of them,Had a 210 on jacks in the hangar and had a baron taxie up and point its arse into the hangar,the pilot was talked too and then handed a broome,taxing twins with one engine at idle and the other at 1000rpm,just ride the oppisite brake that will keep it straight,Not cleaning you A/C after your flight,Had a pilot ask me what that white round thing with champion on it was hanging off the back of a 210 engine,Asked pilot what he/SHE thought it was,"is that the magneto"Um no try oil filter,just like on your car. Basicly dont be embarrased to ask questions the day you stop learning is the day you drop dead.
Please dont take this as engineer versus pilot but something has too change,this is all basic stuff i learnt from my instructor back in the early 90s,
Choose a flying school that has instructors that have true charter and remote flying experience soo you come up here with out your head shoved up your bum and be prepared for a hard but satisfying experience